We’ve just released Alpha 16 Experimental B119 and could really use your help finding the last remaining big issues. If you’ve played B105, B112, or B113 from our previous posts see the fixes below for more info.
As always TFP is interested in all constructive criticism and feedback, but what we're really looking for in this thread are the following:
- Show stopping game play bugs (Hopefully with reproduction steps)
- Crashes (Try and get reproduction steps and post your output_log.txt files - usually found here: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\7 Days To Die\7DaysToDie_Data\output_log.txt - directly in your forum post. Note: You will find all output_logs time stamped there, even from old games. You can also attach your zipped up crash dump file too.)
- Chunk Generation Bugs. People please give us the coordinates of where they were in the world when they run into a chunk generation error plus the game seed. Copy and pasting the error alone and the output log is not sufficient to help with a fix.
- Additionally, you can post balance and feedback in the current Dev diary.
We don’t want incompatibility bugs with alpha 15.2 so please remember to start a new game with each experimental update.
Here's how to opt in and play the latest experimental branch.
Open your steam client.
1. Click on Games/View Games Library
2. Right click ‘7 Days to Die’ and select properties
3. From the new popup dialogue box select the ‘BETAS’ Tab
4. Under ‘Select the beta you would like to opt into’ latest_experimental
The game will then update and download the latest experimental build Alpha 16 Experimental
Switching back to the latest main stable build is as easy as repeating steps 1-4 and on step 4 choose the option ‘None – Opt out of all Beta Programs’ and you’ll revert to the latest stable build.
Official Alpha 16 Release notes!
- New boar sounds to boar.
- Random break in crates and secret stash crates to some locations.
- Sound is a bit more noticeable to zombies.
- Creative Window changed to show the useful items for players outside of Dev blocks.
- Slowed how fast player core temp changed from b113. It is still faster than A15.
- Increased insulation of skull cap, hooded sweatshirt and sweatshirt.
- Concrete blocks use the reinforced concrete icon.
- Tightened up iron sight sway and bob. Now when iron sighting your weapon is in the "aimed" position faster.
- Removed adobe recipes and blocks.
- Reduced sloppy weapon sway when rotating camera and looking up and down, resulting in guns feeling tighter. This also reduces the stuttering feeling A15 had when mouse looking.
- Clearer message for "unable to repair".
- All stations found at traders now have a rare chance to be in working condition.
- Calipers no longer drop in the game.
- Crafting steel ingots or bulletproof glass in a forge requires a crucible upgrade.
- The machete recipe is unlocked by a perk for better visibility.
- First aid kits are made in a chem station.
- First aid bandages heal more slowly.
- Altered the Taza's Axe icon.
- The burning barrel is not craftable.
- The paint tool defaults to a texture that isn't locked.
- Changed some minor improvements to 3 of the skyscrapers.
- Dire wolves no longer chase zombies, and give up the chase after 30s instead of 45s.
- Improved visuals for throwing (molotov + small stone): less lag after thrown away.
- Slowed how fast players temperature changes in a negative way.
- Slightly increased economic prices of heavy armor and steel items.
- Reduced how many animals there are.
- Rebalanced the requirements for main progression milestones like concrete mixing.
- Painting the inside of the wood frame is now possible, it is attached to the bottom of the frame. Use paint all to reach them in most cases.
- You can build on pressure plates.
- Replaced wrongly used bridge concrete and bridge wood that made some walls too strong.
- Minibike chassis falls into misc skill group while all other parts are in science.
- Wedge tip exploit from player able to shoot thru flat side of wedge.
- It seems like it rains way too much in game - A rainy time slot is selected by the server each day now. It can only rain during these selected hours IF it is cloudy and a rainy weather dice is rolled. This possible rainy time can range from 8-12 hours per day and it can never rain outside those hours except on 7th days.
- Wet concrete support (Items 403) places and dries incorrectly.
- Snakes now move the same speed day and night.
- UserOptions ini - fixed values that go above in-game dropdown settings.
- Vulture was using dog attack. Vultures do less damage than dogs and less chance to bleed, but have a higher chance for infection.
- Grammar in batteryBank description.
- Once focused on a saved waypoint the icon does not revert.
- Wet Concrete Ramp Corner is using the wrong model.
- Missing localisation for animalBoar.
- BladeTrap has no vendor price set.
- Spawn zones are now safe again for first time spawns.
- Wire tool can be used to find weak electrical traps on pvp.
- Sleeper crawler standing when found and then drops to the floor.
- Player does not lose sleeper aggro when hiding, always hunted.
- Spider zombie does not attack all the time, and when it does it rarely hits you.
- Explosive damage causes indestructable wood spikes.
- Playerbuilt remote control tower to open doors in lower level.
- Progress bars always at 100% (Linux, non-english systems)
- Woodframe has difficult focus targeting.
- NRE on cancelling crafting of autoturret/shotgun turret.
- Wrong description on the paint tool.
- Limit combined item quality on workbenches.
- Quality Joe is broken on relogging.
- Boar has no head Collison.
- Player can push inside of a bear.
- Running zombies seem to stop following you and then run in circles.
- NRE trying to harvest vulture with auger.
- Block UV's bad at 45 degree angle pointing up.
- NRE on hitting craft after clicking on the * for favorites.
- Controller isn't allowing minibike to drive straight forward.
- Block #728 upgrades into itself.
- Pressure Plates 1x1 can be placed on offset terrain and are uneven.
- Molotov Cocktail cannot be debuffed.
- Sleeper crawler standing when spawning and then drops to the floor.
- Distant Water Has Missing Texture.
- Burning Barrels give no light again.
- Broken bear material.
KNOWN ISSUES (No more reports needed, thank you)
- Hunted Status not working properly
- Clipping issues with bears, wolves, and spider zombies
- Unintended harvest amounts on destroying boulders.
- Too many Airdrop crates spawning and crates spawning underground
- Road Issues
- Scavenger + Quality Joe not working
- Gore pile dupe
- Blade trap doesn't damage cops or irradiated cops (Might be intended)
- Throwing rocks does not distract zombies
- Trader Issues: Missing Trader, missing POI, odd hours, etc.
- GlobalUV support inhibits anisotropic filtering and it has to be calculated in the shader.
- Teleport to ground level when under doors, under certain blocks, or loading in after having quit from an underground location.
- Issues with filling buckets and bottles with water
- Wet concrete not drying
- Animals and zeds don't aggro from being hit with a ranged attack after a certain distance
- Sleeper spawning issues continue
- Minibike steering issue using a gamepad controller
Important Server Config Info
- There are new options in the server cfg that need to be added for Blood Moon Enemy. Compare it to the server cfg file found in your 7 days directory.
- enemysensememory also got completely removed
- enemyspawnmode is now true/false and not a number