Welcome to the ever evolving Dawn of the New Apocalypse Server. Please keep in mind we are not new player friendly. We are heavily modded and difficulty has been increased. I suggest all players have some familiarity with how the game works in Vanilla before joining us.
The launcher was designed by our very own genius sphereii and is designed to make backups of your game and install other mods without ever touching your main game files. You MUST have the launcher in order to join our server. Here is a tutorial on how to get things working once you have the launcher installed. Tutorial
Botman Sever Manager Rules
1. You may NOT add a location or a new teleport spot to the map EVER.
2. You may not CHANGE a location or touch any settings having to do with them.
3. You may NOT use the /name teleport function. EVER. This is an admin/staff tool.
4. Do NOT ask for specific locations to be added. There is no public city, or public cave. Please do not /enabletp at any time. This could be grounds for warning or suspension.
Warnings, Suspensions and Banning
We have a process for which you can be warned and can be banned from the server. It is important to read these and follow all rules.
If you are caught breaking any rules it is means for a warning. You are allowed 3 warnings before you will be suspended or banned. This decision is in the hands of all admins, who will have a meeting to discuss your behavior. Offensive language, accidentally raiding a poi that is player owned and NOT leaving immediately and other things such as digging in spawn, damaging other property or stealing too many mats from spawn are all grounds for a warning.
When you are warned, your attitude during the warning is very important. You will be given a fair chance to explain your side of the story but keep in mind we have records of what is looted, who was where and chat records so honesty goes a LONG way in showing us you are genuinely sorry.
Some issues become too large and warrant a full ban. Those are killing players on purpose, breaking into a base and stealing items or sexual and racial harrassment. We have NO room on this server for toxic behavior. Also abusing commands can be grounds for suspension. If you are caught trying to execute admin commands, say goodbye.
1) It is advised that if you are going to live in town, you help with town projects when you can such as vending buildings, repairs etc. There will be a material donation box set up. NO ONE is allowed to take from the material donation box except admins. If you are assisting in the project, you will be given a special code to a box where we will place materials for you. Anyone caught taking from the box for personal use will be given a warning.
3) You are allowed only ONE of each type of station (forge, campfire, workbench, chem station, mixer) per house. This is to lessen the chances of calling in screamers that will destroy others homes. If you run a forge or campfire please do not leave it unattended. If you leave your home or the area this is grounds for a warning. If there is a screamer called into or towards town every one there must help defend. If you need to, call for reinforcements.
4) Your claimable area for building is 12, which means from center you can go out 12x12x12x12. You can build whatever you like but please keep it within those confines in order to accommodate everyone. Offsite and in the wild you can build as big as you like.
5) Homes in town are protected from looting. If anyone enters your home without permission, please let an admin know.
7) You are required to place a wooden sign outside the front of your home with your name on it. This is so we know who lives where and also for your protection if we see someone else around or inside of it. If you do not place a sign we may ask you to leave.
8) If you need something you can ask in chat text or voice and negotiate a trade or look in the Vending Building.
9) NO TREE planting in city limits. There will be a Tree Garden set up for all to use. When you take a tree PLEASE replant a seed in it’s place.
10) Vending Building. You can purchase a Vending machine and place it in the Vending Building (fancy name to come later). By NO MEANS is anyone allowed to damage or hit any of the machines. If you do this will result in immediate ban. Please only take one space for your machine. There will be a donations machine for people who would like to donate materials for all to use. Please place a sign above the machine with your name on it. A small one, not a huge one lol.
12) No mining in the town under any circumstances. DO NOT DIG IN TOWN LIMITS OR IMMEDIATELY SURROUNDING IT.
Horde Night - If you have no intentions of fighting horde on horde night you MUST log out before 2000. For anyone under level 15 you can go to /safezone and ride horde night out there. Once 2000 hits you have made the decision to do horde night for the server. Anyone logging out LAST before horde night and leaving the next person to login with a horde will be warned or banned.. Teaming for a horde night is perfectly fine but realize everyone gets their own horde no matter where you are. Our old rule was everyone had to team on horde night because only one would get a horde, but that is not the case anymore. Horde Night tip: If you are unprepared for horde, run to a remote area, place beer, weapons etc on your belt and do your best. Respawn randomly. Never fight at your base or in a town. Getting some xp and dying is better than destroying your base. Treat it with a light heart and horde night can be fun.
Building - You are encouraged to build anything you like. You may NOT build in streets or block paths. If this is seen you will be warned, and if you do not remove it it will be taken down. Also you may NOT take over any POI which has a forge or any POIs that are considered high value. This includes Shotgun Messiahs, Unque and large POIs like the zoo and the Shuttle Station etc. You may take over small houses and cabins but these may NOT be inside a city or town. They MUST be a rural POI. We have a lot of players coming through and no one is above anyone else when it comes to blocking high value loot.
Player Bases/Homes/Projects/Farms - Please respect others peoples work and claimed property. Do not walk into others homes without asking. Walking in without permission can be seen as hostile and may result in your death. Also do not be paranoid. People will be walking all over the map so no "Get off My Lawns" please. LOL. Also please do not hit, shoot or damage someone else s property purposefully. During zombie fights we understand this is sometimes collateral damage can occur and we understand. So no worries on that front. Just don't be malicious about it. And maybe consider helping repair damages for each other. Do not steal from others farms.
Player Trading - While we do encourage teamwork and help on projects in the community, we do NOT condone constant asking for items and mats. I hope i do not have to stress what I mean by this but your first effort should be to gather and craft ON YOUR OWN in order to progress. If you MUST ask for something please do so sparingly and when doing so always offer a trade on return.
Explosives -We have removed block damage from most explosives. Pipe Bombs and Dynamite being the exception. Do not use those in the town.
City Areas - Do NOT build/claim in the city areas. Emergency or tempory holding up in the city is acceptable. Storage/Containers for scavenging are allowed. But you can not place a claim block within city areas. The cities are for looting not for control. No banks, book stores or other high interest spots may EVER be claimed. Please keep in mind if you take over a POI there is a chance someone may come in and loot it. If it is not clearly marked there is nothing we can do to stop this. The most secure way to keep your stuff safe is to build your own base.
Stalking/Harasment - Please do not follow around another player unless they are talking with you or ask for your help . We have players of all types, all the way from teams to lone wolves. Always Be Considerate.
Public Behavior - Please keep in mind that we have players of all types, men women, black, white, overseas, military, disabled etc. NO jokes that offend anyone will be tolerated so please use discretion in both Discord and in game chat.
Minibikes- Minibikes are use at your own risk. They are well known to be bugged, they can disappear and glitch. If you use a minibike you do so at your own risk. It is very time consuming to replace everyones bikes and storage. If minibikes become a persistant complaint we will remove them. If you lose a minibike there is nothing we can do other than to suggest making a new one. It helps to build small raised ramps under them to park them on. This will lessen the chance they fall through the earth but it is NOT guaranteed to stop it.
Please respect everyone in the channel No racism or sexism or harassment of any kind will be met with a warning and possibly a ban
Also please try to control the language you use. We have other listeners who have children in listening distance. If you want to use colorful language there will be a tS room you can use to be as salty as you want.
If there is going to be a long conversation between a few players, like a town raid or a build in progress, we ask that you also take that to a private room. General is basically for hellos and Admin questions as well as light conversation. So anything more involved or long term should go into another channel. Our channels are NOT to be used for outside gaming. They are for players on our servers only.
Admin and Mod Rules
Anyone in game with a colored name is considered a member of the server team. If anyone with a colored name speaks to you or has any questions for you you must respond to them. Do not ignore a team member. It is grounds for a warning. the Server Team list can be found on the main page. Familiarize yourself with them.
If you have suggestions or requests for changes to our server please send them to either myself or if I am not around send them to one of the other co-admins. They will make sure it gets to me.
CONSTANT NEGATIVITY IN THE CHAT IS GROUNDS FOR DISMISSAL. Suggestions and opinions are fine but constant negativity or complaints about how hard the server is will NOT be tolerated. Please keep the server a fun and pleasant place for everyone.
Please add the following to your steam friends list. They are our server team. In the event I am unavailable you can go to any one of the following with questions
Friendly Fire - PVE, NO Offline Raiding. See below for PVP
Persistent Profile - True
Drop on Death - Backpack Only
Drop on Quit - Nothing. You get to keep your stuff.
Enemy Sense - 60 Seconds
Spawn Mode - 150%
Difficulty - Normal
Loot Abundance - 100%
Loot Respawn - 21 Days
Block Modifier - 100
Land Claim Size - 12
Land Claim Offline Durability Modifier - Infinite (No Offline Raiding)
Land Claim Decay - 30 Days
Land Claim Online Durability Modifier - 4x
Land Claim Deadzone - 4
Airdrop - 168 hours
Max Spawned Zombies and Animals - 120 Zombies/60 Animals
Custom Command List (Special thanks to Sphereii and RelmDrifter for compiling this)
To use these commands, press 't' to enter in the chat and type them.
/day7 - see when the next 7th day will be
/setbase - Creates your home teleport.
/base - Takes you to your base
/next reboot - Tells you when the next server reboot is
/where - Gives info about where you are (PVE or PVP etc)
/help - Gets a list of help commands.
/locations - Lists all public locations you can travel to.
/safezone - Takes new players to the safe zone enclosed in steel. Once you have a POI it is encouraged you use that instead of safezone. Once you reach level 15 you may no longer have access to safezone.
/hordenight - Displays the next few Blood Moon Nights